Back Pain? Try Hydrotherapy Massage
A hot tub can be a great way to relieve back pain and reward yourself with a massage or some quality R&R time. Take a dip into the warm waters of a Freeflow Spa and allow the strategically placed jets which focus on back, legs, feet, and arm areas to loosen up your muscles and melt away your worries.
Hydrotherapy uses water to deliver temperature and pressure changes to the body and works great for anyone with tightness in their muscles or back pain, such as, athletes, elderly, and arthritis sufferers. Soaking in hot water for up to 20 minutes will cause organs of the endocrine system to become less active, and can decrease blood pressure. This results in a relaxed, less stressful state. A study conducted by Washington State University's Bruce Becker, M.D., showed that soaking in a 102 degree F tub for 25 minutes produced relaxation and an accompanying decrease in anxiety.
- Provides temporary relief of minor aches and pains
- Helps reduce levels of stress and anxiety
- Relaxation provides a feeling of well-being
- Temporarily increases circulation where massaged
- Helps relieve muscle soreness, stiffness, and tension